How to thread your upper lips

Threading upper lips is the safest way of getting rid of unwanted hair, without waiting for it to grow to a certain length (like waxing requires). I've been threading my upper lips for years now and do it whenever I see even the slightest of fuzz.

It's one of the best things I've learnt to do on my own, because rushing off to a parlour for a 5 minute threading session is such a waste of time. Ofcourse, it did take me around 3 months of solid practice before I could efficiently pluck out all hair. But now it's real easy and infact, I can thread other people too using the same technique!

Now threading yourself does not require you to get all technical like ladies at salons do, holding one end of the thread in their mouth and then, pulling back anf forth with their hands. So for this do it yourself technique of threading, you simply need the following -

  • Threading thread (there are threads available just for threading, or you could simply use a strong cotton thread available at home. Only problem is, it snaps rather quickly, but if you'r in a hurry, this would do just fine) (The one in the picture is the threading thread that I've been using for years)

  • A mirror

  • Good lighting right above the mirror

  • Powder for dusting (not necessary though)
Once you have the above ready, get comfortable in front of the mirror. I wouldn't suggest using the washroom mirror, which is usually placed above the sink, which creates a distance between the mirror and where you are standing. So use the dressing table mirror, or the almirah mirror, where you can stand or sit closest to the mirror to have a good, clear look at the hair that you want to thread.

I prefer standing and threading, though if it's comfortable to sit in front of the mirror and thread, you sure can do that. Check out the next post on the technique of DIY threading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails