Black seed oil (Nigella Sativa) for hair growth

Black seeds (also known as black onion seeds, kalaunji in Hindi and Nigella Sativa as the scientific name)have been used for it's medicinal properties for centuries and I figured I ought to try it myself. Luckily, there was a bottle of black seed oil at home, so I could start using it immediately. The oil sure has a strong smell, but nothing unpleasant. I like the crunchiness and flavour of kalaunji seeds anyway, when used on buns and paranthas.

I also came across its uses for growing strong, healthy and shiny hair. So I've just started using it for the first time, by massaging it on to my scalp and leaving it on. It seemed to cause a tingling sensation as soon as I applied it, unlike any other oil I've used. So I really hope it works.

I'll keep up with this routine and will post of updates, about whether it's working or not.

To healthy, strong hair!

Update (6th October, 2010) - I used the oil topically for a few days and then began taking a teaspoon with honey. I must've used this for some 2-3 weeks, but to no avail. It could be that I didn't keep up with the routine for a period, long enough to see results.

In any case, this didn't work for my hair growth, although I'm certain having a teaspoon of black seed oil with pure honey everyday is as healthy as healthy can get! 

1 comments:

Dr. Muhammad Musharraf Hussain said...

May 17, 2014

The Director
Get Gorgeous Naturally

Request for permission for reproducing copyrighted material


Dear Sir,

Good Day.

I am pleased to inform you that I have written a manuscript on Medicine and Pharmacy. The manuscript is now getting ready for publication. It contains 25 chapters and nearly 1000 pages. The manuscript is aimed at filling up the gap of original work on Medicine and Pharmacy in the light of the Holy Scriptures, particularly the Bible and the Qur’an. In the manuscript there is a chapter on Prophet’s Medicinal Plants. I have selected several images of Nigella sativa Linn. after searching your website. I intend to paste it at the appropriate place in the text. Please let me know how I can add credit to you for the image.


I therefore, need your kind permission for reproducing the picture,which may be subject to copyright, in my manuscript. As a source of the images you will be acknowledged in the text. Please note that I have already received permission from Ta Ha Publishers UK, Darussalam Publishers, Riyadh and from some other internationally reputed publishers, individual authors and websites.

I look forward to welcoming your kind permission towards a noble work for the benefit and welfare of mankind. Please treat the matter urgent.

With best regards,

Yours faithfully,

M M Hussain, PhD (Pharm)
dmmhqiabd@gmail.com

Image location:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XR1ekNOYm-E/TBcSRNJWv2I/AAAAAAAAAAU/pYh1uL_-8dA/s1600/black-seed-nigella-sativa.JPG 

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails