Homemade waxing strips

If you are looking to learn and wax yourself over time, then investing in wax strips made out of cloth is a good idea. It keeps for long and the cloth absorbs any moisture from the wax and helps in a clean pull.

You could use any thick cotton cloth (I've heard old jeans works fine, though haven't ever tried it myself). You could use some old curtains or you could buy casement cloth from a shop. I'd used casement cloth initially, but then found some rags which were thicker and worked better. If you still can't find any suitable cloth at home, check out any shop and ask them for thicker varities of cotton cloth and you could choose one accordingly.

Once you buy a cloth, cut it into strips of 4-4.5 inches wide (wider than you need), so that you can fold in the edges and stitch them over. You could skip the stitching part, but doing this avoids any unravelling threads after you wash them over and over again.

Now how many strips you'd like to make depends on how much waxing you do at a time. Since I wax my arms and legs at one go sometimes, I have some 15-20 strips with me. They are more than enough for waxing this much.

Plus, I have strips of varying widths as well, though most of them are around 3-4 inches wide, and some a little narrower. There is no hard and fast rule. For example, when I wax my arms, I use a little narrower strips and for my legs, the wider ones do a better job.

This might sound cumbersome, but prepare the strips once and then you can use them for years. After waxing, simply soak them in water and once the wax dissolves, you can wash them as usual. I've been using my own wax strips for years and that's a whole lot of cost saving!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Newbie questions....

1. What ratio do you need ingredients?
2. How often? Hair length?
3. Ideal temp to apply?

Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Nice article on waxing. Thanks a lot for the tips you have given in your article to reduce pain during waxing. I suggest everyone to visit this site to get painless waxing Waxing service salon with best offers | Ladies Beauty Salon in Bangalore

Unknown said...

Hi fellas,
Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
If someone want to read more about Spa services in Houston, TX I think this is the right place for you!

sarah said...

nice information..thanks for providing valuable information..
Beauty Shop in Visakhapatnam
salon in visakhapatnam

pooja said...


Nice blog. Thank you for sharing Good Information.Keep update and share your ideas..

hair salon in vizag
Best spa in vizag
best spa and salon in vizag

Ellee's Hair Design Aberdeen said...

Hi,

I have read your blog . It is very interesting. Thanks for sharing your blog with us. We at Ellees Hair Design Ltd are providing services in Lycon hot Wax and Lycon Strip Wax. Since Every girls wants smooth and soft skin these techniques can help you to have the same. You be getting the best treatment here from our professionals, who will take care of your every needs.

Visi Here :- http://www.ellees-aberdeen-hair-salon.co.uk/

improveranking said...

I am preparing a research paper and collecting information on this topic. Your post is one of the better that I have read. Manicure Services Provider in Edmonton

sushma said...

nice information..thanks for providing valuable information..
Best Beauty Parlour in Visakhapatnam
Beauty parlour services in vizag
Best Beauty Parlour in Vizag
Beauty Parlour in Visakhapatnam

Sam said...

Hey there. I found your web site via Google whilst looking for a comparable topic, your site got here up. It looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to come back then.
best lip scrub Peshawar

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails